|?|| Practice Test 2A for
Fasttrack to America's Past
Section 2: Colonial America
|Section 2: Colonial
Write your answer choices on a piece of paper, then
click on the "Answer Key" button at the end to check and grade your
1. Which statement about the settlement at Jamestown, Virginia, is NOT true?
A. Jamestown was first settled in 1607.
2. Which statement describes the House of Burgesses in colonial Virginia?
A. It was an elected colonial assembly with some
3. Which of these statements about the settlement at Plymouth, Massachusetts, is NOT true?
A. The Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth in 1620.
4. The Pilgrims developed a plan to hold their land in common, share the labor, and share the harvest equally among the entire group. What happened to this “communal” plan?
A. It worked well, and lasted for many decades in
the Plymouth area settlements.
5. On the idea of religious freedom and tolerance, the Puritan communities in early Massachusetts generally:
A. favored freedom of religion for anyone who came
to their settlements.
6. Which of the statements below is NOT a true statement about slavery in the colonies?
A. It spread into Virginia mainly because labor
was needed to grow tobacco.
7. What was an indentured servant?
A. someone who traded years of labor in return for
passage to the colonies.
8. What does it mean to say that Pennsylvania was an “open society”?
A. The colony had a special type of charter from
the king of England.
9. The “town meeting” form of local government is most closely associated with which of these colonies or areas?
A. the New England colonies
10. In which colony did the spread of slavery lead to a population with more Africans than Europeans around 1750?
Use this map to answer the questions below.
11. What mountain range is shown with the letter J?
A. Rocky Mountains
12. Which letter shows the location of the colony of Virginia?
A. letter L
13. Which letter shows the location of Boston?
A. letter X
14. Which letter shows the location of the colony started by William Penn?
A. letter O
15. Which letter shows the location of the Mississippi River?
A. letter H
16. Which letter shows the location of New York City?
A. letter X
17. Which letter shows the location of Quebec?
A. letter M
18. Which letter shows the location of the Chesapeake Bay?
A. letter Y
19. Which letter shows the location of the Ohio River?
A. letter H
20. What country had the strongest claim and the most settlements in the area of the map containing the letters H, T, and I in 1754?